2013 Annual Education Conference in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
The DDNA 21st Annual Education Conference will be held at the Double Tree by Hilton Hotel Philadelphia City Center with in the heart of downtown Philadelphia. For details and registration information, visit the Conference page.
Mark your calendars!
Certification Prep will be held on Thursday, April 25th, the Pre-Conferience will be held Friday, April 26th, with the Conference beginning on Saturday, April 27th and running through through Monday, April 29th.
Interested in becoming a member? Join thousands of other IDD nurses who make our organization great. Some of the valuable benefits that are free for DDNA members are:
- Membership in the ONLY association just for nurses who care for persons with IDD
- Member-only access to 70 hours of FREE online interactive IDD nursing courses ($400 value)
- Member-only access to DDNA's online newsletter - packed with info for IDD nurses
- Information about how to join DDNA Chapters and Networks around the country
- Member-only access to Online Resources in IDD Nursing (links to numerous IDD resources)
- Discounts on Annual Education Conference registration fees
- Member-only free advertising in DDNA's website classified section
- Representation in the Nursing Organization Alliance
- Membership renewal reminders by email for online renewal
- Access to DDNA's Facebook for interfacing with other DDNA members
- Access to free information about how to achieve RN/LPN Certification in IDD Nursing
- Access to the DDNA's "International Journal of Nursing in IDD"
- Annual dues of only $80/year
Join now and have access to more than 70 hours of FREE I/DD Education.
Annual Education Conference
Registration for the 22nd Annual Education Conference being held in Orlando, FL at the Rosen Hotel Plaza on May 3-5 is open. Click here to view the schedule and register.
Interested in winning free conference registration? Visit the DDNA forums for more information.
Board Nominations Open
If you are interested in running for the office of President-Elect or Secretary on the Board of Directors, click here for more information.
Interested in certification in the specialty of IDD nursing? Read how to become a CDDN or DDC. Details on the certification page.
Follow along with the latest in IDD news with informative articles written by and for nurses working in the field. DDNA offers a quarterly newsletter to members that contains must-read information. The most current version is available on the Newsletter page in a variety of formats, including a 'magazine' style "flipping book." View it now on the Newsletter page.
Our Lives, Our Health Care: Self Advocates Speaking Out About Our Experiences with the Medical System
April 18, 2014
The perspectives of
individuals with I/DD related to their healthcare is an important issues
for developmental disabilities nurses. Below is information on how to
access a document on this topic:
The Office of Developmental Primary Care and Autistic Self Advocacy Network are pleased to release, "Our Lives, Our Health Care: Self Advocates Speaking Out About Our Experiences ...... View Full Post
April 7, 2014
DDNA received the following request from Char Baumgardner, who is a fellow member of DDNA. It would be much appreciated if members who are familiar with issues and studies in which she is interested, or who have thoughts and opinions in this area would respond by sending an email to DDNA with their contact information so that we may forward these onto her. Here is Char's request: "I am a...... View Full Post